X-Ray Forum for NDT Users
It is currently 28.03.2024, 10:31

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Start of a new Forum
PostPosted: 19.10.2019, 19:54 

Hello Forum :cap: ,
today I openend this forum for all NDT users with X-Ray technology. The header ist showing the famous BAM5 weld and two pictures of Mr. Roentgen.

About my person:
I have more than twenty years of experience in X-Ray applications, mainly with DDAs. I was responsible for a lot of projects with the first DDA machines for automatic inspection of castings for automotive and tried to get the DDA technology into the aerospace inspection. A long time I was the head of the Imaging Group of one of the big X-Ray companies. In between (2005) I spend some time for technology development for DDA applications and standardisation at BAM - let's call it a sabbatical.
Since about twenty years I am member of ASTM E07 and there I am member in several committees and the PoC for several Standards, mainly for DDAs but also radioscopy and focal spot measurements. Since more than ten years I am the deputy of the DGZfP sub-committee for Digital Radiology.
Last month I quit the fulltime job and now I have the time for a forum like this. I will put some of my knowledge in the different thread to start the discussions but in the end it is you and your input what makes this forum more than an X-ray book.

I ask you to take part in the forum and be an active member. Thanks :thumbup: